The Advantages of Powder Coating Your Sheet Metal Fabrication
Powder coating is a very flexible finishing method, particularly when compared to traditional paint, for example. While traditional paint offers a wide range of colours, tones and finishes, it doesn’t offer any of the same protective qualities as powder coating, which can be used to make your products water, heat, light and weather-resistant.
Powder coating has a range of applications and advantages over other coating methods:
- Powder coated surfaces are highly durable.
- Powder coating can be used on a range of materials including sheet metal and steel.
- Powder coating is suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications due to its longevity.
- Powder coating is incredibly cost-effective, particularly when compared to other methods with similar protective properties.
- Powder coating doesn’t release any volatile organic compounds (VOCs) into the atmosphere, and is free of any harmful chemicals, making it a great environmentally-friendly choice.
- Powder coating is available in a huge range of different finishes, depending on the needs of the project.
- The powder coating process is quicker than many other traditional paints or solvent-based coatings, which means that lead times and turnaround on our projects is also reduced.